How to add a RS232 to RS485 converter to a ACE PLC?
It is sometimes useful to be able to connect the ACE PLC to an RS485 network.
- connect hundreds ACE PLC on the same RS485 network
- connect a HMI to a ACE PLC far away from the each other where the RS232 is not enough (10 meters about)
- connect an ACE PLC to an external sensor or device: Small display, variable-frequency drive, smart sensor,..
The ACE 1430 and 1450 already have a built-in RS232/485 port, but for the others a small RS232 to RS485 signal converter must be added. It’s not the ideal solution, but it can be useful as our industrial ACE are very powerful and cheap.
- This converter is cheap and reliable. You will find it here:
- We also supply the RS232 cable ready to be wired between the RS485 converter and the RS232 socket of the ACE (without ACE connector):
|It has on one side a terminal board for the RS485. Only 485+ A+ and 485- B+ need to be connected.
On the other side, for RS232 the classic SUB-D9. Optional RS232 cable.
The RS232/485 converter is powered via the RS485 network. It is not necessary to power it except if you have many converters on RS485.
RS232 to RS485 converter connected to the ACE connector that is supplied with the ACE
Note: Cable sold without ACE connector
Connector Viewed from the wire side