Why have I a error when I try to upload my HMI project?
In some cases, you may get an error when trying to upload a project to the GUI via USB.
The cause of this error can be :
- You have selected the wrong HMI model in HMI-Tool
- Your HMI is not connected or you have more than one HMI connected via USB.
- The USB driver is not installed correctly
If it is the USB driver, try this:
Reinstalling the Windows USB drivers
Open the “Device Manager”
Right click in the Window menu and start “Device Manager”
Or enter the keyboard shortcut [Windows] + [R] and enter devmgmt.msc and then click [OK]
Update the driver in the list that should be in error
Right click on the driver name
Select manually the driver
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\HMITool7.0\USB
If no success try this:
Deactivating Windows 10 driver signatures
before Windows driver installation
This prevents the driver installation from running smoothly
Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement:
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button
- When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options:
- Select the “Troubleshoot”
- Select “Advanced options”
- Click the “Startup Settings”
- Your computer restarts again
- Press 7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will now restart and you’ll be able to install unsigned driver
You may need to reinstall driver: Follow the procedure on the top.